Parenting. A journey filled with twists and turns.
We want to support you along the way, whether you are in an smooth season or one that is a bit more challenging. If you are inclined to pick up a book or read an article, here are some recommendations. Need additional resources? Please do not hesitate to reach out to members of our faculty and staff.
Tom Postema, Head of School, recommends:
- Parenting Without Power Struggles: Raising Joyful, Resilient Kids While Staying Cool, Calm, and Connected by Stiffelman, Susan
Lisa Galarza, Middle School Director, Recommends:
- Easy to Love, Difficult to Discipline: The 7 Basic Skills for Turning Conflict into Cooperation by Becky A. Bailey
- David and Goliath: Underdogs, Misfits, and the Art of Battling Giants by Gladwell, Malcolm
Shanna Pargellis, Lower School Director, recommends:
- NurtureShock: New Thinking About Children by Bronson, Po and Merryman, Ashley (Mar 24, 2010)
- Mind in the Making: The Seven Essential Life Skills Every Child Needs by Galinsky, Ellen (Apr 20, 2010)
Jodi Miller, Student Support Services, recommends:
- A Mind at a Time: America’s Top Learning Expert Shows How Every Child Can Succeed by Levine, Mel (Apr 4, 2002)