What you need to apply.
You can apply online by creating an account. Or if you prefer, download an application and mail it or drop it off. The application deadline for 2018-19 is January 3, 2018. Applications received by the deadline receive priority status. If you miss the deadline, you’re still welcome to apply. And please don’t hesitate to contact us if you have questions.
- Online application (Note: you will need to create an account.)
Download an application
- Download an application for The Nest at Mustard Seed School (PK3, PK4, and PK5)
- Download an application for Mustard Seed School (K-7)
- Descargar una aplicación para Mustard Seed School en español (K-7)
Additional Forms for New Students Applying to K-7.
If your student currently attends another school, please also download the forms that apply.
- Download a teacher recommendation form for new students in Grades K-3.
- Download a language arts teacher recommendation form for new students in Grades 4-7.
- Download a math teacher recommendation form for new students in Grades 4-7.
We’re flexible about many things, but we’re very firm about age cutoffs. We know from years of experience that these cutoff dates help students to enter school at an age when they’ll be most successful.
- Applicants for preschool must be three before September 1.
- Applicants for kindergarten must be five before September 1.
- Applicants for first grade must be six before September 1.
Application Process and Timeline
Contact the school at any time to request materials or to ask questions.
- Attend an Open House and/or Visitor Morning. Note: Not required, but highly recommended.
- Complete and submit application. Note: Applicants for K-7 must also have teacher recommendation forms completed. See forms above.
- Submit application online along with the $50 fee any time between October 1 and the January deadline.
- Mustard Seed School will review applications and contact families to be interviewed in January and February.
- Families will be notified of admissions decisions by March 1.
- Families are required to sign a contract and submit a deposit within two weeks of acceptance to secure a spot.
- Families not immediately accepted will be placed in a wait pool or informed that their child has not been accepted.
About Your Interview
We interview prospective K-7th grade students to assess developmental and academic readiness. Students who apply for 2nd-7th grades have to come for a morning or afternoon visit.
We interview all K-7 parents at the same time that their student is assessed for developmental and academic readiness. For prospective PK3-PK5 parents, we interview parents while their child is being observed playing with other children. At the interview, we answer your questions and review the school’s expectations for parents.