Come to a strategic planning retreat on September 23, 2017
I love a plan. I love the process of planning. The time I take to step back from day-to-day work to look around, breathe, and wonder what might come next. I enjoy envisioning a future goal. Considering implications and alternatives. Chunking out the work and then digging-in and starting the work.
In 2010 & 2011, members of the Mustard Seed community wrote a five-year strategic plan.
Here are a few of the things we accomplished under that plan:
- created the position and hired a Director of Admissions and Community Relations
- superseded our goal of enrolling 246 students; we now have almost 270 students
- implemented a 1:1 laptop program in grades four to eight and built the infrastructure to support student use of technology in the classroom
Our school has grown and flourished under our last strategic plan. Now it’s time to build our next strategic plan!
How do we begin a new strategic pLan that will prepare us for the future?
We’ll start by taking a step back. We’ll look around at what we have and hold dear. We need your help!
So, what do you love about our school?
- Do you value worship, or the arts, music program?
- The interactions between teachers and students?
- Do you love the sense of independence that your child is developing?
- Or maybe you love that the school is near your home?
The things that we value and love now will serve as guideposts as we plan for the future.
Our community is full of rich and vibrant voices: your voices. We need you to tell us your Mustard Seed story. Your voice is very important. The more people who participate, the stronger the plan.
Will you help make a strong plan and a bright future by attending the Strategic Planning Retreat on Saturday, September 23?
Here’s the schedule for the morning:
- 8:30 coffee
- 9:00 begin
- Working lunch will be provided
- 1:00 end
If you have any questions, please email me, Abby Choi, email@example.com.
Let us know that you’re coming by RSVPing so we’ll be sure to order enough food.